Monday, November 24, 2008

Redeemer

One of my favorite qualities of our Heavenly Father is His redemptive love. He can take any horrible situation, any broken-in-a-thousand-pieces heart, and make them new, bringing beauty from the ashes and flowers in the desert. We are strengthened and encouraged when we focus on His heart of compassion and His willingness to help us. I tend to get depressed when I think of people's problems, especially those I love. I want to lift them out of their pits, but I can't. I can't even help myself when I'm in a pit! What makes me think I can rescue someone else? Only Jesus is that potent. If I remember to cry out to Him rather than crying to myself or someone else, I am hopeful once again. He is the healer. He is bigger than any mountain in our way.
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment