Thursday, October 29, 2009

THE BLESSINGS OF COFFEE

I did not grow up in a coffee drinking home, but as an adult I learned to appreciate this wonderful adult beverage when I went to work at an office where they served gourmet coffee every day. It is a gift from God through the hands of the growers and roasters. I’d like to share with you briefly about my five favorite coffees of all time.

1. Andersen’s: this is the best restaurant coffee I have ever tasted, and may be my favorite of all time, although I haven’t tasted any in over ten years. I once drank so much of it that I could not sleep at all. I’d do it again, but the Buellton, California restaurant is some 2000 miles from where I live now.

2. Volcano: a rich coffee available from Trader Joe’s. This coffee just kind of fills up all your senses with alertness and joy.

3. Texas Pinon: a New Mexico Coffee Company product. I loved the unique taste of the original Pinon, but this is even more vibrant.

4. Manzano Italiano: another New Mexico Coffee Company product. This coffee is filled with well-being.

5. Human Being: a Coffee People product. You have to go to the Portland, Oregon airport to get this one, but it’s worth it.

By the way, Kona coffee is undoubtedly the best coffee in the world, but it’s beyond my normal budgetary reach.

Maybe you have your own favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment